Winner - Album of the Year and Single Recorded Performance of the Year (Frackin’ Fricker) at the 2014
Australian Bush Laureate Awards.
If you’ve never heard of coal seam gas mining, Frackin’ Fricker will set you straight!
What started as a desire to record his Frackin’ Fricker poem became an album with slam pieces, recent favourites, neglected verses and even a rap single!
In these original poems Gregory North brings out the quirky characters and their humour along with a dash of weightiness.
Buy CD now using credit card or PayPal
or listen via your favourite streaming service such as Apple Music, Spotify or YouTube etc.
- Frackin’ Fricker (3:31) – Coal seam gas mining from the man on the ground – Frackin’ Philip Fricker.
- Who Is This Greg Bloke Anyway? (4:42) – An insight into Greg, the poet.
- Court Thought (3:18) – What kind of crimes and cases do they hear in Carpet Court?
- Extraordinary Meeting (4:36) – Politics is never far from any meeting, even in community organisations.
- The Good Politician (0:16) – A limerick about this unusual creature.
- To Be Advised (4:59) – the story of what happened when Heinrich tried to turn the region of Tedium into a mining city.
- In the Bush (1:06) – thought-provoking musings about the bush and calls of nature.
- Slack Zack (0:23) – A blackjack hack and his quack.
- Reach Out (2:18) – Consider the people who have to touch others as part of their vocation.
- Raising the Flag (2:33) – Written for a flag raising on Australia Day.
- Mark’s Moussaka (0:42) – The Shark Park marker and his lunch.
- Broken Ski (2:47) – Irresponsible driving in the snow can lead to unexpected consequences.
- Body (2:06) – Everyone has hang-ups about their appearance, but this bloke seems to have more than most.
- Candle in the Wind (2:50) – Sometimes our brain doesn’t always make sense of what we hear and repeating what we thought we heard, may not always be correct.
- Goddess (2:36) – A love poem by a parking inspector.
- Take a Break (Cake) (1:59) – The wonders of this great delicacy can’t be overstated.
- Frackin’ Fricker (Rap) (4:17) – Frackin’ Philip Fricker rapping out some rhymes.